Sign up for our
Shane Epperly, LMT, LMTI, CMT, FST, NMT
Specializing in Trigger Point Therpay, Cold Laser Therapy
Pain Relief Specialist Shane Epperly
Shane Epperly’s Massage Therapy career began over a decade ago.
After completing his basic initial training in Massage Therapy,
and becoming licensed in Texas, he began working in some
of Austin’s most respected resort spas. Shortly thereafter, he
embarked on pursuing additional training in Clinical Massage
Therapy. While he found assisting clients in relaxing and
managing stress to be rewarding and worthwhile, he quickly
realized that his true professional calling was in employing
Clinical Massage Therapy to help clients overcome
chronic and acute soft tissue derived pain.
His Clinical Massage Therapy training included rigorous study
of the work of Dr. Janet Travell, MD, and focused on Trigger
Point Therapy, Myofascial Release Techniques, and Vibration
Therapy. As he routinely returns to the medical texts authored
by Travell & Simons, he continually finds additional keys to
unlocking his clients’ pain complaints.
Shane’s advanced Clinical Massage schooling and hands-on
clinical hours give him practical and theoretical expertise in
static postural evaluation and gait assessment; clinical muscle
testing; ROM testing; manual pain relief therapy; and
post-treatment assessment. Shane has a working knowledge
of practical and theoretical Trigger Point and Myofascial Release
Therapies (including manual, mechanical, and light-based
approaches), and a working comprehension of the genesis
and resolution of soft tissue derived pain.
Over the course of Shane’s therapeutic career, he has also increasingly embraced and incorporated the use of Cold Laser Therapy into his clients’ sessions. Having spent untold hours studying the physics involved in how this non-thermal, non-ablative light-based therapy works; reviewing the numerous Cold Laser white papers (clinical trial reports) available from around the world; and reading the myriad of Cold Laser protocols that have been developed by health care professionals across the globe, Shane has an exceptional understanding of this exceedingly safe and effective curative therapy.
Always eager to seek out and adopt the most promising therapeutic technologies available, Shane has also been pleased with the results that Power Plate Vibration Technology has provided to his clients. He has found this technology to be invaluable in NeuroMuscular Reprogramming and muscle strengthening,
among other therapeutic endeavors.
His specialties in the area of pain relief include:
- Clinical Massage Therapy – In order to deliver powerful pain relief, Shane combines a unique collection of Clinical Massage Therapy approaches including Trigger Point Therapy, Static Postural Evaluation, Gait Assessment, Clinical Muscle Testing, and Range of Motion Testing.
- Myofascial Release Techniques – In addition to manual techniques, Shane has embraced EndermoTherapy as a mechanized method of providing Myofasical Release, which is integral to improving flexibility and relieving soft tissue derived pain.
- Cold Laser Therapy – Shane’s knowledge of the theory and practice of Cold Laser Therapy is virtually unparalleled in the Massage Therapy industry. This exceedingly safe, effective, and versatile therapy has been used extensively and successfully throughout Europe for nearly 40 years.
- Vibration Therapy – The use of the Deep Muscle Stimulator allows Shane to quickly and comfortably dissolve stubborn trigger points while employing Power Plate Technology assists him in NeuroMuscular reprogramming and muscle strengthening.
- Flexibility Therapy – In addition to being a Licensed Massage Therapist, Shane is also a trained and certified Flexibility Therapist. This training allows him to guide clients through a series of facilitated yoga poses and harness the power of Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation (PNF) Stretching. Improved flexibility translates into improved athletic performance, fewer and less severe sports injuries, improved balance, and an improved quality of life for clients of all ages and fitness levels.
- Lymphatic Therapy – Many of Shane’s clients are seeking assistance with recovery from a recent surgery. Shane has found EndermoTherapy, in particular, to be a safe, non-invasive, effective method for reducing post-surgical lymphedma and swelling.
- Kinesio Taping Techniques – Kinesio Taping is a way in which the work that has been done in the clinic can be supported for many days after clients have left and gone on with their busy lives. Shane’s training in this modality allows his clients to benefit from his knowledge and training even after they have parted ways.
Shane’s clientele is comprised of people from all walks of life, including professional athletes who have graced the cover of Sports Illustrated and competed on shows such as American Ninja Warrior; student athletes who are working toward college scholarships; college, high school, or extra-curricular athletes; world-renowned musicians and performers including Oscar, Grammy, and MTV Award winners; and “everyday” folks including “weekend warriors,” marathoners, and elderly people of all fitness levels.
Please feel free to reach out to Shane if you have any questions regarding the ways in which he can help you address your chronic or acute myofascial pain. Ask Shane a question?